Serving Seeley Lake & the Swan...the Seeley Swan Pathfinder is now on FACEBOOK
"Like" us to receive more immediate news feeds!
Suggest to "friends" so they can stay in touch between issues too!
PHOTOGRAPHS: Missoula Children's Theater and the Seeley Lake Lions Easter Egg Hunt
For photos email email@example.com or leave us a message on Facebook.
The Pathfinder is the award-winning weekly newspaper serving the communities of Seeley Lake, Condon, Swan Valley and the Blackfoot Valley of Montana.
Highlights from the April 24, 2014 issue
- MCT Makes Wishes Come True
Missoula Children’s Theatre (MCT) presented “Cinderella” April 18 at Seeley Lake Elementary School (SLE).
- Sewer District
The Seeley Lake Sewer District Board held its monthly meeting Thursday, April 17. The district manager reported an appraisal had been completed for the proposed site. The board was informed a recent grant was credited to the district’s account and now available.
- Egg and Treasure Hunters Run Wild
More than 200 people, with baskets in hand, showed up for the Seeley Lake Lions Club traditional Easter Egg hunt on April 19. Each hoped to be one of the 25 lucky prizewinners in each age group.
- Stork Reports and Swan Song Announcements in the Valley
- Sexton Runner Up in National PSA Contest
Seeley Lake Elementary eighth grade student Gabrielle “Gabby” Sexton was the first runner up in the fifth annual Drive2Life national Public Service Announcement (PSA) contest sponsored by The National Road Safety Foundation, Inc. (NRSF) with support from Scholastic.
- Letter to the Editor
Give Wildlife A Safe Place to Live
- A Place for All ~ Should You Plant a Populus Tremuloides?
Hello, my name is Populus tremuloides. You probably know me by my nickname, Quaking Aspen.
- Partnership Health Center Expands Dental Service Hours in Seeley Lake
Partnership Health Center (PHC) has announced that the number of hours available for dental services at the Seeley-Swan Medical Center has expanded beginning April 23. The clinic is now accepting patients for weekly appointments. A dentist will be on site Wednesday and Thursday of each week and a dental hygienist will be on site Tuesday of each week.
- Mission Christian School Presents the Easter Story
Donna Richardson, music director for the Condon Community Church, remarked that she was inspired and moved by the Mission Christian School’s Easter program held April 15. Presented to the audience were songs, and instrumentals, poetry was read by teacher Leslie Hodgkiss and a skit was performed about the Easter story. Above Zac Hodgkiss and James Webb are enthusiastically telling the others that the tomb is empty and the stone is rolled away.
- Potomac Giving Pays It Forward
The Dennis and Phyllis Washington Foundation (DPW) annual program called “Pay It Forward” struck home for Potomac resident and Montana Rail Link employee Christy Cheff, who won a $500 “giving card” in February from the program’s drawing.
- SLE Board Recognizes Excellence
The Seeley Lake Elementary (SLE) Board of Trustees held its monthly meeting April 16. The board recognized two staff and one student for outstanding work.
- Cowgirl Ramblings ~ Such is Life
- Seeley Lake Fire Board
The Seeley Lake Fire Board of Trustees met April 15 along with several members of the Seeley Lake Fire Company and Missoula County Attorney James McCubbin. Discussion revolved around the lack of a clear chain-of-command between the Seeley Lake Fire District, Seeley Lake Volunteer Fire Company and the newly established fire company 501(c) 3.
- Community Briefs
Montana Mountain Mushers Spring Meeting April 26; Spring Bear Wake Up Social April 29; May Day Music Galore May 1; Biggest Losers Announced May 2; Seeley Lake Library News; Missoula County Sheriff’s Department Call Activity 4/9/14 4/21/14
- Candidate Forum
The Seeley Lake Community Council hosted a candidate forum, April 7 at the Seeley Lake Community Hall. The Seeley Lake Community Council has three candidates vying for two open seats: Incumbent John Richards, Ken Barber and Cathy Kahnle. Candidates had an opportunity to introduce themselves and then respond to questions posed by those attending.
- Blessed to Be a Blessing
Missionaries from Seeley Lake and Condon flew into Kiev, Ukraine March 6. They proceeded to Lityn, Ukraine to work at an orphanage until March 17.
- Local Election Guide ~ Candidate Bios for
Missoula High School District #D ~ One, Three-year term; Potomac SD11 School Board Of Trustees ~ Two, Three-year terms; Potomac SD11 School Board Trustees ~ One, Two-year term; Seeley Lake Fire Board of Trustees ~ Two, Three-year terms; Seeley Lake Community Council ~ Two, Three-year termsThe Easter Bunny returns to Seeley Lake for the annual Easter Egg Hunt put on by the Seeley Lake Lions Club. Children through the age of 12 are welcome to participate, April 19, at the Seeley Lake Elementary (SLE) lawn. Registration begins at 12:45 p.m. and the egg picking and treasure hunting starts at 1:00 p.m.
- They Know Not What They Do
As Easter has just passed, these words of Jesus “Father forgive them, for they know not what they do,” were fresh on my mind. Would that they were not so true. So often, our human nature leads us down a confused and wrong path.
- Holmes Stands Out at MCPS Invitational
Tuesday, April 15. Blackhawk track and field ventured to Missoula for what is called the Triangular meet, where they practiced competing with two AA schools.
- Lady Blackhawks Golf Score Silver
Seeley-Swan golf traveled to Ronan Tuesday, April 15 for some action on the course and brought home titles.
- Absentee Ballots Mailed Out - Primary Election Reminders
1. Secretary of State Linda McCulloch encourages all voters to visit My Voter Page (http://app.mt.gov/voterinfo/) to ensure their registration record is accurate and up-to-date. 2. Identified absentee voters (those not covered under the absent military and overseas electors law referenced above) will be mailed their absentee ballots on May 5. Any registered voter may vote by absentee ballot. Applications are due by 12:00 p.m. on June 2. 3. Regular voter registration closes May 5. Late voter registration will run from May 6 June 3. 4. Independent and Minor Party candidates have until June 2 to file for office with petition signatures due to county election offices no later than May 27. Write-in candidates have until 5 p.m. on April 25 to file. **Primary Elections will be held June 3.
Visit the Seeley Swan businesses
with links below.
makes this website possible.
Missoula Children’s Theatre presented Cinderella at Seeley Lake Elementary School Friday, April 18. Cinderella (Taylor Cahoon) just proved that the slipper fit to become the princess for her Prince (Caleb Maughan). Present to witness the slipper fitting was (L-R): Town Crier Deborah Sheets, King Sean Mercado, Town Crier Sam Weisenburger, Stepsister Lovely Emily Mercado, Stepmother Ibby Lorentz and Stepsister Beauty Nicole Williams. Full story and photos page six. Photo by Andi Bourne.
Please enjoy select archived articles, Passages columns, Swan Songs (obituaries) and Eye on The Environment columns from local organizations. Links to these offerings are available on the left side of this page.
Also at the left you will find links to local area information and our site sponsors and other potentially interesting or useful websites.
* Disclaimer: This website is undergoing a revision so you may find new as well as very old pages!
Please email comments, letters or other matters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
to the Seeley Swan
All rights reserved, no photograph, writing or other material may be used without prior permission.